Shared Parenting Information Group (SPIG) UK
- promoting responsible shared parenting after separation and divorce -
Thinking about Webhosting?
Read about our problems with OneandOne (1&1)...
You may have wondered why we no longer have the domain spig.info
The service was withdrawn without warning by our (former) web host 1&1,
and they are threatening us with legal action of over GBP 100 to terminate the
contract or restore our domain.
It seems that when they came to deduct their fee (GBP 10.56) from our credit
card account, they found we had not updated the expiry date. What happened then
is quite alarming:
Do we have a complaint or what? email SPIG with your comments
- They did not inform us of the problem and so did not give us the
opportunity of rectifying it.
- Without warning they withdrew their service by locking our account
on 3 December 2004.
- They did not inform us that they had withdrawn their service.
- It was only on 31 January 2005 that we discovered our domain was 'down'
and contacted 1&1 to find out what the problem was.
- There was no apology - just a demand that we pay for the two months
that they had withdrawn their service.
- We decided we did not wish to continue with a webhost that acted in such
an inconsiderate way, and we instructed them to terminate our contract, but
they would not do that unless we jumped through some hoops and paid for the
service they had not provided.
- Then without warning 1&1 passed our 'debt' on to BFS finance
debt collection service who gave us less than a week to settle the matter
before they passed it on to SMITHs - a law firm who threaten court action.
Don't just take our word for it - look at GrumbleText
Last updated - 27 May 2006
SPIG Home Page