Shared Parenting Information Group (SPIG) UK
- promoting responsible shared parenting after separation and divorce -
David Cannon's work for Families Need Fathers (FNF)
David Cannon joined FNF in 1986 and was National Secretary from 1988 to 1993.
He was the first person to work full time for FNF, and this was a period of tremendous growth for the society.
During this time he:
- Produced the first FNF handbook and packs of factsheets
- Ran the first FNF training days on the Children Act
- Created the FNF strapline: 'Keeping Children and Parents in Contact since 1974'
- Established child focussed aims and objectives for the society
- Travelled round the country, supporting members in court and encouraging local FNF groups
- Established contact with family related charities
- Organised the FNF demonstration welcoming the Children Act outside the Royal Courts of Justice
- Lobbied in the House of Lords on issues involving children and divorce
- Prepared the FNF response to the first Child Support Bill and briefed Lords with amendments
- Was a founder member of the Leicester Family Contact Centre
Last updated - 2 September 2002
SPIG Home Page